IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE, PLEASE SEE THE TIPS BELOW:
Call your plan should you have questions about:
- Your plan participating with Careworks
- Services being covered
- Any referral or pre-authorization requirements (Tricare Prime members call 1-800-TRICARE; all other Tricare plan members need to obtain a referral from the Primary Care Provider)
- Where you should go for lab and x-ray services
- Your financial responsibility for your visit
When calling your insurance plan, please mention the following information:
- Careworks Tax ID: 23-6291113
- National Provider ID (NPI) of the clinic:
1578512810 (for Careworks Clarks Summit and Careworks Tannersville)
1164716643 (for all other Careworks locations)
Have all your insurance cards ready for our staff at each visit.
Understand that if your plan doesn’t participate with Careworks, you may have higher out-of-pocket costs.
Be aware that Geisinger Health Plan (GHP) considers our following sites as urgent care centers, and Careworks bills this plan as an urgent care facility when services are provided at these locations:
- Mountain Top
- State College
For GHP members going to other Careworks locations, Careworks bills as a doctor’s office and not as an urgent care facility so your plan’s urgent care benefits may not apply for your visit.
For all other insurances, every Careworks location bills as a doctor’s office and not as an urgent care facility so your plan’s urgent care benefits may not apply for your visit.
Please seek services elsewhere if you have a Medical Assistance plan or Medical Assistance replacement plan other than:
- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas Health Plan
- AmeriHealth Caritas Northeast
- GHP Family
Pediatric patients with the following plans need to receive immunizations from their primary care provider: Medical Assistance, Medical Assistance replacement plans and Medical Assistance expansion Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). To determine if a child has coverage under a Medical Assistance expansion CHIP plan, call the phone number on the insurance card.
For work-related injuries or illnesses, contact your employer for the list of panel providers.