If it isn’t serious enough to require an emergency room visit, but you can’t wait to see your physician, count on Geisinger Careworks. You’ll be seen by our specially trained providers who offer the care you need when you need it most.
We care for adults and children 12 months or older with no appointment needed. And, at your request, we’ll communicate with your primary care physician about your visit.
Our certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants treat the following:
- Back pain
- Ear/throat/sinus infections
- Insect bites
- Minor burns/rashes
- Poison ivy/oak/sumac
- Seasonal allergies
- Upper respiratory infections
- Driver’s license – except commercial driver’s license (DOT) physicals
- School, sports, camp
- Careworks does not offer physicals:
- for foster care
- for elderly care
- that include attestations for mental health
Proof of immunizations is needed.
Careworks does not offer well child or adult visits.
- Flu shots: offered to patients 3 years and older*
Careworks is not permitted to administer flu shots for children with Medical Assistance or certain CHIP insurance plans
- Hepatitis B: series of 3; only offered to adults*
- Meningitis: offered to adolescents 11 years and older*
- Pneumonia: offered to patients 65 and older and 18-65 year old clinically eligible patients
- TDAP: offered to patients 7 years and older but only when being seen for an injury or exposure
*For Medical Assistance patients with the plans listed below, we offer routine immunizations to patients 19 years of age and older (for TDAP, please see above).
- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas Health Plan (aka AmeriHealth Mercy)
- AmeriHealth Caritas Northeast
- GHP Family
For Medical Assistance patients without the plans listed above, please go to your primary care provider for immunizations.
Careworks only performs phlebotomy (lab draws) for labs ordered by Careworks providers. Careworks does not serve as a laboratory “drop off” location.
Careworks providers do not administer any medications (SQ, IM or IV).
These include, but are not limited to, injections (immunotherapy, testosterone), or birth control shots (Depo-Provera) that are not ordered by a Careworks provider, unless in special circumstances and with the approval of the Operations Director.
Other medical needs:
- Contracted pre-employment services
- EKGs, x-rays (at select locations if ordered by a Careworks provider)
- TB skin test
Services Careworks is unable to provide:
- Treatment for work-related injuries or illnesses
- Treatment for motor vehicle accidents
- Intensive care, emergencies
- Narcotic prescriptions
- Careworks does not complete FMLA paperwork
Visit the nearest emergency department immediately for matters of life or death or for accidents and illness not treatable at your doctor’s office.